Subscribe to our weekly newsletter. Text hotel to 66866
HAWAII – (December 14, 2017) – Marriott International announces the completion of major multi-million dollar improvements and renovations across its Marriott Hotels and Autograph Collection Hotels in the Aloha State.
At six Marriott Hotels and Autograph Collection Hotels across four Hawaiian Islands, all resort properties have completed improvements in the past 18 months, including room and pool enhancements, transformation of meeting and event spaces, enriched cultural experiences, and the introduction of new and re-positioned oceanfront resorts.
“Our Marriott and Autograph Collection Hotels exceed our guests’ every expectation as they continue to invest in enhancements and experiences that will delight the contemporary leisure traveler and destination meeting audience,” said Harris Chan, vice president, operations Hawaii and French Polynesia, Marriott International. “Throughout our transformations, our associates continue to deliver the same gracious hospitality and aloha they have always offered.”
Collection Enhancement Highlights
- Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, part of Autograph Collection Hotels (Waimea, Hawaii Island) –The legendary Hawaii property, known for its museum-worthy collection of Asian and Pacific art, curated by founder Laurance S. Rockefeller, joined the Autograph Collection in 2015. The property unveiled new meetings spaces including the Kauna‘oa Ballroom following a $4.5 million renovation. The versatile new ballroom is framed by breathtaking views of Kauna‘oa Bay and coastline via its floor to ceiling windows. The resort also debuted the Copper Bar with its team of mixologists hand-crafting cocktails, some which include honey sourced from Mauna Kea Resort apiaries.
- Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu, part of Autograph Collection Hotels (Koloa, Kaua‘i) – In March 2017, the resort became the newest addition to the company’s Hawaii resorts following its multi-year, $110 million expansion. This included a new 12,000 square-foot grand ballroom and two outdoor lawns. The resort also features the newest pool complex in Hawaii, comprised of a new saline lagoon-style pool with cabanas, swim-through grottos, and waterfalls. A new poolside bar & grill concept, Holoholo Grill, is a collaboration with Celebrity Chef Sam Choy and features island-inspired Hawaiian comfort food.
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa (Honolulu, Oahu) – The resort continues to unveil reimagined areas followings its $22 million transformation in February 2016, which included the Nanea Lobby and redesigned event spaces. The lobby features a soaring carved wooden art piece by Hawaiian artist Kaiwi Yoon and dynamic areas for guests to mingle or work. The transformed Kona Moku Ballroom features a stunning glass-blown chandelier and a lanai overlooking the lobby’s new water feature. Kuhio Beach Grill, a new bourbon bar featuring Waikiki’s only prime rib buffet, offers sunset views. In 2018, the resort will begin redesigning its 1,310 rooms while maximizing spacious footprints and stunning ocean and Diamond Head views.
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa (Waikoloa, Hawaii Island) – A multi-million-dollar investment, completed in summer 2017, features a new arrival experience, premium guestrooms, and modern interiors. Located on the pristine and protected waters of Anaeho‘omalu Bay, the resort will debut a transformed luxury wing in 2018 with distinct furnishings inspired by its proximity as the closest rooms to the water, and private open air showers on the ground floor room lanais. As part of the transformation, the resort debuted Aka‘ula Lanai, a new espresso bar that transitions to a cocktail lounge at sunset, and a refresh of its popular Hawaii Calls restaurant.
- Kaua‘i Marriott Resort (Lihue, Kaua‘i) – Located on the white sands of Kalapaki Beach and one of the only hotels in the state to offer event space that leads straight into the sand, the resort recently installed waterfront fire pits offering guests a fresh and rich viewing experience with panoramic ocean views. Physical upgrades to the resort are matched by new guest experiences including the, “Experience Kaua‘i Outdoors” package which allows guests to go tubing in Kaua‘i’s backcountry.
- Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui (Wailea, Maui) – The $100 million reimagined property debuted in December 2016 and offers an elevated contemporary retreat. Wailea’s original resort is now its newest, with a new arrival experience, five pools with one featuring Hawaii’s longest waterslide, Kids’ club, multigenerational GameSpace, Movie House, Escape Room, and redesigned rooms and suites, along with the total modernization of all indoor/outdoor meeting and event spaces. Six new dining options, including HUMBLE MARKET KITCHIN by Roy Yamaguchi, Whale’s Tale oceanfront juice bar and Mo Bettah Food Truck, offer distinct culinary experiences.
Improvements across the collection meet the demand for travel to the 50th state as Hawaii continues to be a sought after destination for leisure and group travel. According to the Hawaii Tourism Authority, the state has seen a fifth consecutive year of record growth in visitor arrivals and visitor spending. In addition, increased airlift from the mainland in 2017 and beyond from major airline carriers means greater accessibility to the islands. Marriott’s Hawaii Resorts continues this trajectory of growth as it prepares for a further increase in tourism to the state.
To experience Hawaii and relish the resorts’ latest property enhancements and experiences, guests are invited to book the collection’s limited time Winter Resort Credit offer. Book an upgraded room or suite at a participating Marriott resort between now and January 15, 2018 and stay by April 2, 2018 to receive up to $100 in resort credit.
To find the hotel that best suits group events, meeting and convention planners can take advantage of modernized spaces, from intimate salons or expansive oceanfront lawns, across the collection that offers more than 238,000 square feet of combined indoor and outdoor meeting space.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 6,400 properties in 30 leading hotel brands spanning 126 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company also operates award-winning loyalty programs: Marriott Rewards®, which includes The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®. For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com. In addition, connect with us on facebook and @MarriottIntl on twitter and instagram.