Heretostay.TV has just released a series of interviews on its YouTube channel with the key movers and shakers driving the serviced apartment sector forward at this time of dramatic growth in this industry.
Filmed at the ASAP 2017 Serviced Apartment Convention in London on 7 December, the interviewees deliver a superb round-up of the exciting state of play in this, one of the fastest growing sectors within the hospitality space, as operators look forward to even more exciting expansion in 2018.
They share key insights into what is driving the sector’s growth, the excitement about 2018 – over 40% of operators have confirmed they are accelerating their expansion plans next year (ASAP/Savills Sentiment Survey Nov 2017) and also touch on the challenges of Brexit and ASAP’s Quality Accreditation Programme, the sector’s key differentiator.
Glenn Haussman of Heretosay.tv interviews:
- John Wagner, Founding Partner, Cycas Hospitality who currently have 1,000 units under construction to open by 2019 & opened 2 new properties in London this autumn – Residence Inn London Bridge & South Point Suites Bermondsey
- Robert Godwin, MD, Lamington, opening their first Room2 aparthotel outside London (71 studio apartments) in Southampton Spring 2018
- Peter Heule, MD, ShortStay Group/Yays, serviced apartment operator with over 100 serviced apartments in Amsterdam and Barcelona currently, expanding to Paris and Antwerp in 2018
- Steve Burns, MD, EMEA & APAC, BridgeStreet Global Hospitality, global serviced apartment operator who have just launched a global technology platform (60,000 serviced apartments in 60 countries) to drive demand for the sector
- George Titlow, Business Development Manager, STR, marketing intelligence/benchmarking specialist, who partner with ASAP delivering occupancy and pipeline development data
- James Foice, CEO, ASAP
- Joyce Cawthorpe, Marketing/Media Manager, ASAP
A must-watch round-up by the serviced apartment industry – view on YouTube:
UK & Ireland Serviced Apartment Industry (data supply by STR www.str.com):
Value: £864 million
Future pipeline: 3,677 across 46 properties expected by open by 2020
+17% growth on current supply