New Signings, Groundbreakings and Openings Introduce Brand’s Refreshed Prototype and Amenities to More Wellness-Minded Travelers
ATLANTA (September 21, 2023) – EVEN Hotels – part of IHG Hotels & Resorts (IHG), one of the world’s leading hotel companies with more than 6,200 destinations across 19 brands – is celebrating its growth momentum and positive response from guests and owners following the unveiling of its reimagined prototype and brand identity. The upscale, select service and wellness-focused brand plans to open seven additional U.S. properties by the end of 2024 – which will increase its national footprint by nearly 40 percent – while also integrating elements of its refreshed look and offerings throughout its portfolio.
Featuring a flexible design welcoming of new build, conversion and renovation properties, EVEN Hotels’ evolved prototype reduces costs to build and operate for owners compared with its earlier model while also accommodating travelers’ varying wellness definitions and routines. EVEN Hotels introduces wellness touches across the entire the guest experience, including three unique room types with exercise options ranging from light equipment to fitness walls or spin bikes. Guests also can relax and restore through spa-like showers, complimentary nightly tea service, and a signature sleep experience with cooling natural fiber sheets, pillowtop mattresses and dimmable lighting.
Scheduled to open in late 2025, the recently signed EVEN Hotel Charlotte will be the first to fully feature the brand’s new design prototype. Located near Charlotte Douglas International Airport in a mixed-use development also owned by hotel owner and manager Royal Panthera, the next-generation hotel will provide access to 131 guest rooms, nearly 1,700 square feet of meeting and event space, and EVEN Hotels’ signature Athletic Studio. Additionally, EVEN Hotel Charlotte will feature the brand’s EVEN Kitchen & Bar custom restaurant concept. The EVEN Kitchen & Bar menu includes a range of bites, beverages and balanced meals to satisfy the tastes of both guests trying to eat healthy on the road and those wishing to eat more indulgently, with a neighboring 24/7 market providing additional grab-and-go choices.
Raul Ortiz, VP, Global Marketing and Brand Management for EVEN Hotels, said: “With more than 50 open or in pipeline global properties, EVEN Hotels is poised to capture a greater share of travelers wishing to stay well – however they define it – in the future. We’re encouraged at how the evolution of our brand and on-site offerings has resonated with guests and owners so far. We look forward to bringing the EVEN Hotels experience and our vision for flexible, wellness-minded travel to more markets.”
The EVEN Hotel Charlotte signing is just the latest milestone in the brand’s fast-paced growth across the U.S.:
- EVEN Hotel Austin Uptown is scheduled to open before the end of 2023 adjacent to The Domain mixed use complex in the heart of the Texas capital.
- A second Texas hotel – EVEN Hotel Waco – University Area – is on track to open in late 2023, offering 132 rooms for travelers visiting Baylor University or attending events at the Waco Convention Center. The brand’s third Pacific Northwest property also plans to open later this year in Beaverton, Ore., joining EVEN Hotels in Seattle and Eugene, Ore. An additional northwest U.S. hotel in Bozeman, Mont. is under construction ahead of a planned 2024 opening.
- EVEN Hotels’ Florida presence will grow in the coming years, with recent groundbreakings in Orlando and Miami’s Sweetwater – Doral neighborhood preceding scheduled 2024 openings.
About IHG Hotels & Resorts
IHG Hotels & Resorts [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global hospitality company, with a purpose to provide True Hospitality for Good.
With a family of 19 hotel brands and IHG One Rewards, one of the world’s largest hotel loyalty programmes, IHG has over 6,000 open hotels in over 100 countries, and more than 1,900 in the development pipeline.
- • Luxury & Lifestyle: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Vignette Collection, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo
- • Premium: voco hotels, HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, EVEN Hotels
- • Essentials: Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express, Garner hotels, avid hotels
- • Suites: Atwell Suites, Staybridge Suites, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Candlewood Suites
- • Exclusive Partners: Iberostar Beachfront Resorts
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated and registered in England and Wales. Approximately 345,000 people work across IHG’s hotels and corporate offices globally.
About EVEN Hotels
The EVEN Hotels brand was launched in 2014 as the hotel industry’s first and only hotel brand created with wellness at its core. EVEN Hotels empowers guests to maintain their wellness routines while on the road by providing options to choose what that means to them. The brand has intentionally designed every aspect of the hotel experience, in every square foot across all properties, with an emphasis on three components: keep moving your way, restorative moments, and F&B that flexes for you. For more information about the EVEN Hotels brand, visit www.EVENHotels.com. Find us on X (formerly known as Twitter), Facebook or Instagram.