IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group), one of the world’s leading hotel companies, continues to grow its EVEN® Hotels brand – a hotel brand created with wellness at its core and woven throughout its entire DNA. Initially launched in the U.S., EVEN Hotels currently welcomes wellness-minded travelers at 11 open properties in dynamic cities such as New York City, Miami and Seattle, with an additional 24 properties currently under development globally.
Julienne Smith, Senior Vice President, Development, IHG, commented: “Our EVEN Hotels brand continues to be a highly differentiated product for owners developing in diverse markets to tap into the rapidly growing global health and wellness travel segment. We know that wellness is more than a trend; it is a way of life for millions of consumers. EVEN Hotels will continue to thrive wherever travelers seek an upscale hotel experience by empowering our guests to prioritize staying well and being balanced on their terms while they travel.”
Noble Investment Group, a longtime IHG owner, was an early adopter of the EVEN Hotels brand and opened the dual-branded EVEN Hotel / Staybridge Suites – Seattle Downtown – Lake Union in April 2019.
Mit Shah, Chief Executive Officer, Noble, commented: “Since opening, the EVEN Hotel has been a valuable part of our owned hotel portfolio due to its urban location in the South Lake Union market of Seattle. The hotel is proving to be a highly sought after product and experience in this top tier market with guests who prioritize fitness and wellness. IHG is highly engaged with the Noble team and is very focused on our long-term relationship and the success of our investment. We look forward to continuing to participate in the EVEN Hotels brand growth and being a part of its success.”
EVEN Hotels properties recently opened and currently under development across the U.S. include:
- EVEN Hotels Pittsburgh Downtown – Now welcoming guests, the 160-room hotel occupies two floors in the historic Kaufmann’s building, conveniently located in downtown Pittsburgh and within walking distance of major corporate offices, as well as PPG Place, Pittsburgh’s theatre district and the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. The hotel is owned by Reception Hotels & Resorts and The Melohn Group.
- EVEN Hotels Ann Arbor – The 107-room hotel is now welcoming guests and located close to the University of Michigan, one of the preeminent research universities in the U.S. Ann Arbor is a national tech hub, and the hotel is in close proximity to various biotechnology, healthcare, consumer product and technology companies. The hotel is owned by Graham Hotel System.
- EVEN Hotels Alpharetta – Avalon Area – The new-build 132-room hotel is located near historic Alpharetta, Georgia, just north of Atlanta, and will begin accepting guests in December 2019. The property is adjacent to the dynamic Avalon mixed-use development with many shops and restaurants. The hotel is owned by Epelboim, owners of the EVEN Hotel Miami – Airport and the under-construction EVEN Cobb Galleria, also near Atlanta.
- EVEN Hotels Long Island City – The new-build 65-room hotel will be in a prime location in Long Island City, one of the fastest-growing neighborhoods in New York City. The hotel is serviced by eight subway lines and is close to major attractions, restaurants and shops. The property is expected to open in mid-2020 and is owned by Royal One Real Estate II, LLC.
- EVEN Hotels Shenandoah – The Woodlands – The new-build 120-room hotel will be located in Shenandoah, Texas, north of The Woodlands, one of Houston’s premier corporate, retail, and residential areas. Expected to open in late 2020, the EVEN Hotel Shenandoah – The Woodlands is owned by Flourish Hospitality.
- EVEN Hotels Rochester – Mayo Clinic – The 250-room hotel will be a new-build, dual-branded 134-room EVEN Hotel and 116-room Staybridge Suites. The property will be the first EVEN to open in a major medical-driven market, located directly across from the Saint Mary’s Campus of the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Expected to open in mid-2021, the hotel is owned by Napean Capital Group and EKN Development Group, and managed by Western States Lodging.
- EVEN Hotels Denver Tech Center-Englewood – The 92-room hotel is located outside of Denver, in close proximity to the Denver Tech Center and Inverness Business park, home to major businesses. Expected to open early 2020, the hotel is owned by Banyan Lane Holdings, LLC.
Every EVEN Hotels property features the Athletic Studio, a gym three times the size of a standard hotel gym, with best-in-class fitness equipment. Guest rooms feature in-room exercise zones that include exercise equipment and on-demand fitness videos, as well as a premium sleep experience with evening tea service, plush high-thread count linens, and color LED mood lighting to create a relaxing and calming environment. All EVEN Hotels offer nutritional and indulgent food options through the brand’s signature Cork & Kale™ Café and Bar with 24/7 Grab-and-Go marketplace. To learn more, visit www.EVENHotels.com.
ABOUT EVEN® HOTELS
The EVEN® Hotels brand was created with wellness at its core and woven throughout its entire DNA. Launched in 2012, EVEN Hotels empowers guests to maintain their wellness routine while on the road by providing options to choose what that means to them. The brand has intentionally designed every aspect of the hotel experience, in every square foot across all properties, with an emphasis on four components: eating well, resting easy, keeping active and accomplishing more. For more information about the EVEN Hotels brand, visit www.EVENHotels.com. Find us on Twitter www.twitter.com/EvenHotels, Facebook www.facebook.com/EvenHotels or Instagram www.instagram.com/evenhotels.
IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group) [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of hotel brands, including Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo®, EVEN® Hotels, HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, voco™, Holiday Inn® Hotels & Resorts , Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, avid™ hotels, Staybridge Suites®, Atwell Suites™, and Candlewood Suites®.
IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns nearly 5,800 hotels and approximately 865,000 guest rooms in more than 100 countries, with over 1,900 hotels in its development pipeline. IHG also manages IHG® Rewards Club, our global loyalty program, which has more than 100 million enrolled members.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales. More than 400,000 people work across IHG’s hotels and corporate offices globally.
Visit www.ihg.com for hotel information and reservations and www.ihgrewardsclub.com for more on IHG Rewards Club. For our latest news, visit: www.ihgplc.com/media and follow us on social media at: https://twitter.com/ihgcorporate, www.facebook.com/ihgcorporate and www.linkedin.com/company/intercontinental-hotels-group.